A life coach is to a therapist as a personal trainer is to a doctor: the therapist, like a doctor, helps people go from illness to health, while the coach, like a personal trainer, empowers already healthy people who might be struggling with specific challenges or issues achieve maximum well-being.
While traditional therapy works mainly with past issues and trauma, coaching focuses on the present and the future. Coaching helps you get you unstuck, make changes, and reach goals. Coaching enables you to thrive in life (instead of simply surviving)!
This is a question I personally struggled with for a very LONG time.
My guess is, you’ve tried to do this on your own for awhile now. There’s certainly no shortage of free content out there on self-help and personal development. And you’ve probably purchased enough books and gathered enough information to last you a lifetime, yet your life isn’t noticeably different.
Because knowledge alone doesn’t lead to change and transformation. Intellectually understanding a concept is not the same as living that concept day-in-and-day-out. You can read about life lessons all day long, but until you consistently apply them in your life, you simply won’t reap any of the benefits. The key to success is in the implementation.
But implementing a concept in your life isn’t always as easy or straightforward as you expect it to be.
How many times have you read something, be it age-old wisdom or universal truth, something you deeply resonated with, only to wonder how exactly to incorporate it into your life, with all its particularities and uniqueness?
How many times have you tried a tool or an exercise, only to have it give you results that you didn’t know how to interpret, or worse, no results at all?
How many times have you tried your hardest at something, only to give up in resignation, because you didn’t realize just how close you were to your goal?
Making this journey alone can be frustrating, discouraging, and overwhelming, which is why a coach is so invaluable. You’ll be guided by someone who can:
- translate the big concepts and age-old wisdom and show you how to apply them in a way that works best for you.
- pick concepts and tools that are the most relevant and helpful for you to focus on, so you don’t feel buried by information and end up spinning in confusion and overwhelm.
- provide the specific support and encouragement you need as you practice the concepts in your life.
- help you see clearly what old habits or tendencies might be holding you back and how to move past them.
- help you troubleshoot when things don’t work, answer your specific questions, and give you personalized feedback on how to course-correct.
- warn you about pitfalls and show you how to move beyond doubt and fear.
- provide reassurance that you’re on the right path even if nothing seems to be happening so you don’t quit prematurely.
- see past the fear and overwhelm to the truth of who you are and what you’re truly capable of.
No one can hand you transformation or enlightenment on a silver platter. No one can do the work or go on the journey for you. But you also don’t have to go at it alone.
Instead of spending months (or in my case, years) stuck in fear and doubt and confusion, why not allow yourself to be guided and supported by someone who has made a similar journey from where you are to where you want to be, and start taking steps toward living the life you want, right now?
I see our relationship as a partnership.
I’m fully committed to your success and I’ll do everything I can to help you reach your goals!
- I will always be transparent and open with you, including when I don’t have the answer or when I believe that you can be better served by another coach.
- I will ask questions and offer alternative perspectives.
- I will challenge you to examine your beliefs, face your fears, and do things differently (most often this means taking a path that is easier and more fun). 😉
- I will teach you tools and exercises and show you how to gain clarity around what you want and take steps toward your goals.
- I will cheer you on while holding you accountable to the commitments you make to yourself.
- I will always see you as your highest and best self.
I will NOT provide actual answers to your life questions (like “What will make me happy?”) and I will not force or badger you into taking action.
You are the expert on your life. You hold all the answers. You must have the desire and the willingness to change, and you must fully commit and take responsibility for your own success.
We can figure out everything else together.
Thank you for asking!
I see way too many smart, capable and loving women approach transformation and growth through struggling and white-knuckling force.
They aren’t feeling happy and fulfilled in life. They want more purpose and meaning, and to make a difference in the world. They’ve tried so hard to change, unsuccessfully, and they think it’s because they haven’t been trying hard enough or that they’ve been doing the wrong things.
So they read every book, buy every program, do every exercise…hoping something will work, all the while adding more stress and overwhelm and self-doubt to their lives.
I know first hand that happiness and fulfillment do not come from doing things you are “supposed to do.” After white-knuckling it for years to find meaning and purpose through trying harder and doing more, I discovered that true lasting transformation doesn’t have to be a struggle, and the quickest path to a joyful and deeply fulfilling life is through loving and honoring yourself.
I believe that life is meant to be loved and enjoyed and savored. I believe that transformation can be filled with ease and joy and inspiration. And I believe that you make your greatest contribution to the world when you live life from a place of self-love.
The honest answer is, you won’t know for sure until we start working together.
If you found yourself nodding along as you read through my website, if you resonated, if you felt a spark of excitement from what might be possible, chances are we’ll be a good fit, so trust your instinct and take a leap of faith!
And to make your leap of faith risk-free, I offer a “Invest In Yourself” Guarantee for my signature private coaching program Transform Your Life. You can learn more about the program and the guarantee here.
The bottom line is, your success is my priority. I want you to thrive and live a deeply satisfying and meaningful life that you love whether we work together or not. If you take a leap of faith, do the work, and still feel like you didn’t receive value from our work together, I’ll be more than happy to honor my guarantee and help you find the support you need.
If you’ve read everything and still have questions that are unanswered, shoot me an email!
Instead of a cost, think of it as an investment in yourself.
And ask yourself these questions:
- By making this investment, what benefits do I gain? What am I making possible in my life?
- How much are these benefits worth to me?
- What would it cost me if I didn’t make this investment? What are the costs in terms of time spent in fear or confusion, wasted productivity, mis-directed energy and focus, or amount of stress and anxiety experienced?
And finally, and this one is from Oprah…
Awesome! I’d love to support you!
Check out the “Work with Jarlin” page for programs and packages I currently offer.
If you don’t see the exact thing you’re looking for, or need help deciding, let’s chat! We might be able to create a custom package for you. If I’m not the right coach for you, I’ll suggest some helpful resources and ways to find someone who is.
Thank you for visiting and I’d love to have you in the self-love community!
The easiest way to keep in touch without your having to check back here is to subscribe to my mailing list. I regularly send out articles and resources, and you will be the first to know when I launch a new program or product, or find something else worth sharing!
Enter your name and email address below and I’ll send you a bonus gift to get you started!